Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reintroduction

Well, we are well into the spring semester of my first year here. Its a completely different experience. Part of that of course is having different classes. There is no doubt in my mind that this is what I'm meant to do. However there is more of a sense of... What am I getting myself into.

Ministry is hard work. It requires a sense of self that must constantly be examined and a dedication to grow. Ministry asks for a dedication to others that also must grow and change. After all I suspect a congregation would get a little bored in the sermons were the same every month.

I'm taking different classes this semester. This is part of the reason why the experience is going to be different.

One interesting thing, the UU and Christian students are going to have a dialogue about what it means to have UU students at a Christian school. I have a lot of hope that this will be a productive conversation. I think that is an important key to making changes in the relationship. It's so important that as future leaders in our respective religions we learn how we are going to interact in a positive way with each other.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the comments on "The Journey". I have added your blog to http://UUpdates.net to expose it to a wider UU audience. I realize this comment is off topic, feel free to delete.

    ReplyDelete